HOW TO PREPARE FOR A CLIENT MEETING
When meeting with a prospective client for the first time, first impressions matter a lot because it determines what happens next. Before the meeting is scheduled, you need to have the following at the palm of your hands.
- KNOW EVERYTHING YOU NEED ABOUT THE CLIENT: If it’s a company, go beyond their “ABOUT US” page, review every page on the company’s website. Preparation is one of the biggest keys to effective and efficient meetings
- CREATE AN AGENDA: initial meeting agenda is critical in making a first impression and setting the stage. An agenda acts as a guide to keep your meeting on track, running smoothly, and ensure you cover necessary subjects.
- STICK TO A SCHEDULE: Time is of the essence here, because it is important to you and the client, so aim to start on time and keep to time throughout the session.
- SAVE TIME FOR QUESTIONS: During this process, clients will be put through on certain matters that were not understood. Take time to reiterate or summarize the main points of the meeting and check for clarity and understanding.
- PROACTIVELY FOLLOW UP ON YOUR CLIENT